Oldbaum have always aimed to bring innovation and novel techniques to the wind industry in order to help our clients better understand the potential of a development.
Our offshore track record
Oldbaum have led on a number of major European initiatives including:
- 1st testing of LiDAR offshore on FINO-1as part of the EU FP6 DOWNVInD programme;
- The 1st direct replacement of a met mast for a wind energy project, and 1st use of acceptance test for commercial project within the Beatrice Offshore Demonstrator project;
- The coordination and concept behind the NORSEWInD programme, a major pan European project;
- The use of Floating LiDAR and creating of the 1st industrial best use Framework for these innovative and important advances in offshore wind data;
- Creating of industry wide consortia to look at LiDAR and SoDAR, including work in IEA Task 11 to establish SoDAR best practice guidelines;
- Support the work in IEA Annex 32; LiDAR best practice;
- Supporting the work in IEA Annex 31 wake bench;
- Successful license support for Offshore projects;
- Lead designer in Met mast instrumentation and met mast topside layout for Offshore projects.